Meter Reading and Reporting Schedule
Metered groundwater pumping data is reported to the Watermaster each month. Meter reads are reported by either the 1) Pumper or 2) the Borrego Water District (BWD) on a rotating schedule. A description of each type of meter read and the meter reading schedule is provided below.
- Self-Reported Meter Reads. These are meter reads performed by Pumpers in the Basin, who then report their meter reads to the Watermaster. Currently, self-reported meter reads occur bi-monthly. Starting in October 2023, self-reported meter reads will be required twice per quarter.
- Official Meter Reads. These are meter reads performed by the BWD and reported to the Watermaster. Currently, official meter reads occur bi-monthly. Starting in October 2023, official meter reads will be required quarterly.
Requirements to Install, Read, and Annually Verify the Accuracy of Watermaster-Approved Meters
- Resolution 23-02 Establishing a Revised Comprehensive Metering Program
- Resolution 20-02 Establishing Approved Meters
- Resolution 20-03 Meter Verification
- Resolution 20-05 Establishing Meter Read Protocols
- Approved Meter Verification Vendors
- Meter Read Entry Agreement Exhibit 8
Forms for Documentation and Approval of Water Rights Transfers
- Temporary Assignment of Annual Allocation of BPA Rights
- Transfer of Annual Allocation or Carryover
- Lease of BPA Rights
- Permanent Transfer of BPA
Applications for New or Modified Pumping Wells
- Application for New De Minimus Pumping. If you are applying to be a new De Minimus Pumper in the Borrego Springs Subbasin (pumping equal to or less than 2 acre-feet per year), please complete and submit this application to the Watermaster
- Application for Construction of a New or Replacement Non-De Minimus Well. If you are applying to construct a new or replacement well in the Borrego Springs Subbasin to pump greater than 2 acre-feet per year, please complete and submit this application to the Watermaster.
Real Estate Transfer Disclosure Statement